Welcome to the Georgia Space Grant Consortium (GSGC)
Since 1990, the Georgia Space Grant Consortium has been sponsored by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) to accomplish the following objectives in the State of Georgia:
- Establish and maintain a national network of universities with interests and capabilities in aeronautics, outer space and related fields;
- Encourage cooperative programs among universities, aerospace industry, and federal, state and local governments;
- Encourage interdisciplinary training, research and public service programs related to aerospace;
- Recruit and train U.S. citizens, especially women, underrepresented minorities, and persons with disabilities, for careers in aerospace science and technology;
- Promote a strong science, mathematics, and technology education base from elementary through secondary levels.
The Consortium has been successful in achieving the objectives and continues to “Step Into Tomorrow” by providing high quality, innovative programs that have quantitative impact in Georgia and nationally.
We hope that you will review our website for additional information on the GSGC and feel free to contact us regarding our programs.